1) Flour : 1 cup
2) Powdered Sugar: 1/4 cup (keep it on the less sweeter side)
3) Egg yolk: 1
4) Margarine/butter: 2 tablespoon
5) Milk: as required
6) Vanilla essence: 2-3 drops
7) Strawberry Jam or any other jam of your choice
I have not used baking powder !
1) In a bowl take the sugar, margarine, egg yolk and vanilla essence and mix them together with a blender. Use a spoon if you want.
2) To it add the flour and knead it adding very small amounts of milk each time to get a dough softer than we usually make for rotis/parathas.
3) Refrigerate the dough for an hour or two.
4) Take out and roll in into a thin sheet (say less than half a cm thick).
5) Use a cookie cutter to cut out your desired shapes for the base and top as shown in the pics below.
8) Dust some powdered sugar on the top cookies.
9) Take the base cookies and slather some jam on it like you do on a bread and then place the top cookie to make a sandwich. Fill in more jam if you want.