1) Flour: 2 cups
2) Salted Butter: less than 1cup (softened)
3) Cold milk : as per requirement
1) Vegetables: Onion, mushroom, bell peppers, tomato. Meat can be used too. Use any filling of your choice.
2) Egg : 1
3) Shredded cheese (typical for pizzas): 3/4 cup
4) Olive oil: 1/2 tbspn
5) Nutmeg: 1/2 tsp
6) Ground black pepper
7) Salt to taste
1) Add the butter to the flour and knead well adding small amounts of milk to get a dough similar to that for chapatis. Add a little salt if using unsalted butter.
2) Roll out into a thick sheet (a few mm thick) depending upon how thick a crust you want.
3) Line a pie tin with aluminum foil first ( this helps easy removal after baking)
4) Now, line the pie tin with the rolled out dough sheet.
5) Press the bottoms and sides with finger to ensure removal of trapped air. Use a fork to prick the
dough all over to prevent puffing up during baking. Fold the edges on the rim to prevent it from burning.
6) For filling, saute the vegetables slightly in olive oil with a pinch of salt. Keep aside to cool. You may choose not to saute. I prefer it.
7) Take the lined tin, add cheese to cover the base. This will prevent making the base soggy.
8) Then add in the sauteed vegetables.
9) Beat the egg with a tbspn of milk. Add nutmeg, black pepper and salt to it.
10) Pour this egg mixture onto the contents of the pan. Spread it evenly.
11) Add some more cheese. Top it up with bell pepper and tomato slices.
12) Preheat the oven to 170deg C. Bake for approx. 45mins till the crust becomes slightly golden and egg becomes stiff.
13) Remove from oven and allow it to cool on wire mesh.
14) Now, remove from the tin carefully onto the serving plate.